Welcome to MOPS
Whether you are a first time mom or a returning mom, we want to extend a very warm welcome to you. Our hope is that you will find encouragement, support, relevant teaching and opportunities to develop relationships with other women who are in the same season of life. We are confident that as you become more involved in our group, you will be better equipped to face the challenges that motherhood has to offer.
What is MOPS?
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers (and by that we simply mean little kids). We’ve all been placed in this time and place in history as a tribe of women who are raising the world. We know we mother better together, so ALL moms are welcome at MOPS. From the time you get pregnant until your youngest starts first grade, our doors are open to you. MOPS is a non-denominational, Christian organization. You do not need to be a churchgoer or from a specific denomination to join MOPS. We welcome women from all faith or non-faith backgrounds and beliefs. The vision of MOPS is to see no mom alone – because better moms make a better world!
Every year is a new year at MOPS! This year’s theme is All For Love, where all MOPS moms will be encouraged to Walk in Power, Love One Another and Make Love Your Legacy! Our Bible verse for this year is, “ Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). Love is the most powerful force on the planet. At Assumption O’Fallon MOPS, we want all moms to know and feel love in a transformative way so that love begins to affect everything they do, will you join us as we embark on our journey this year to live All For Love?
We know what you’re thinking: “I’d love to see what this is all about, but what is the commitment?” We would love for you to try out a meeting first, if you’d like, before you commit to the full year (September – May). You are welcome to join us free for your first meeting and see what we’re all about. If you’d like to remain a part of the group for the rest of the year, we will have registration info and forms available. And just in case you were wondering – Yes, absolutely, you can bring a friend! ALL moms are welcome and the more the merrier!
For more information on MOPS at Assumption, please contact Emily Hentschel by phone at 309-531-2515 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOPS is about…
- Celebrating motherhood. And who doesn’t love to be celebrated?
- Making connections. Are you feeling isolated in this early stage of motherhood? Are you searching for adult conversation, friendship and fellowship? You’ll be able to find just that and more at MOPS!
- Experiencing God’s love…through relationships, support and resources.
What to Expect…
What exactly happens at a MOPS meeting? At Assumption O’Fallon MOPS, meetings can include any or all of the following:
- Dynamic Speakers and Relevant Teaching: These speakers and activities will encourage members with an inspirational or educational talk on relevant issues in the lives of moms.
- Mentoring: Sometimes we need a wise woman who has been there and done that to bounce ideas off of. That’s why we love our MOPS Mentor Moms. They have sage advice and willing ears.
- Leadership Development: You have the ability to do big things. We want to help you gain the confidence to use your voice to change your world.
- Honest Conversation: Real talk is liberating. It frees us from assumptions that we are alone in our struggles. We value taking a risk and sharing stories in order to heal someone else from their isolation.
- Creative Activities: Create, imagine, and actually finish a project! We all need a little time to indulge in a creative endeavor.
- MOPS Kids: We know what you’re thinking: “ I can’t get to a MOPS meeting – I have little kids to watch!” No worries! We provide a loving and nurturing childcare experience for your kids that they will love going back to.
Twice a month, we have time to meet, catch up and connect with other moms. We all can use some adult conversations with people who know your name other than, “mom.”
A MOPS meeting also includes practical teaching through videos, speakers, and demonstrations. In addition, we have devotions and prayer time – your mentor mom and fellow mamas at your table love to support you through prayer. Sometimes we get a little crafty…sometimes we get a little crazy…we always have fun!!!
Plus, there’s hot coffee, tea and breakfast…MOPS mornings are often the only opportunity our moms have to sit and eat without kids.
Outside of our regular meetings, there are also playdates and moms night out events planned monthly as a way for moms to further connect.
For more information on MOPS at Assumption, please contact Celie Gervais by phone at 972-214-9161
or by email at email@example.com.
Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 9:15-11:00 AM in the Parish Center.